Angela Bryant lives in the Little Raleigh Community of Rocky Mount where she was born and raised. She is a lawyer and community and political leader, and works as a diversity and organizational consultant.
Integrating the Rocky Mount City Schools at the age of 11 in 1963, Angela has been a community leader since her childhood. After graduating from college and law school at UNC-Chapel Hill, she worked as a lawyer in private practice in Graham, NC and as an administrative law judge for 10 years in Raleigh with the NC Industrial Commission and the Office of Administrative Hearings.
In 1984, Angela co-founded VISIONS Inc. (Vigorous Interventions in On-going Natural Settings, Inc.), a non-profit educational organization that helps individuals, businesses and communities fully utilize cultural and group differences for successful outcomes. In 1989, Angela gave up her traditional legal career and moved back home to join other community leaders and founders in completing the development of the Wright’s Center, Rocky Mount’s first adult day health center, which she nurtured and directed as a volunteer for 10 years. The Wright's Center was a community development project of VISIONS Inc. Today, Angela works as a senior consultant and co-founder of VISIONS, Inc. providing organizational and community development services internationally.
For eighteen years, Angela lived with and cared for her late mother who died at the age of 95 and for three other elder relatives who lived into their late eighties. She is an experienced leader who loves our local communities and our region and who loves civic engagement and public service.
- Parents - Alexander H. “Tuffy” Bryant, Sr. businessman, and Ethel Lucas Bryant, retired teacher
- One set of great-grandparents (Barnes) farmed in Edgecombe and the other (Lucas) in Nash; Both grandparents started a family business, one in Nash and the other in Edgecombe; Grandparents – Wright and Nannie Barnes Bryant Parker founded “Wright’s Chick Shack,” one of the oldest Black businesses in the area. (W.A. Bryant and Sons in 1909)