Angela Bryant's professional accomplishments are extensive and range from the co-founder of Visions, Inc. to the development of a community care facility, to consultant, and community political leader.
- Co-founded VISIONS, Inc., which provides training and consulting to hundreds of organizations, individuals, community groups, local governments on diversity and multiculturalism;
- Co-founded The Wright’s Center - provides care and advocacy for community elders and disabled adults;
- Consulted to and supported the Clark Street Community, Little Raleigh Renaissance, Conetoe Chapel Community and Battleboro Community in their grassroots leadership and community building efforts;
- Successfully facilitated several large community mass meetings on flood recovery, community building and utility issues;
- Conducted two years of workshops for over 200 elders and community service providers on understanding and addressing the connection between race, class, gender and rural/urban location on healthy aging and community care;
- Trained as a lawyer; licensed in NC since 1976;
- Graduated from Fall 2002 Class of NC Institute of Political Leadership;
- Twenty-five years of experience in personal, organizational and community change in the U.S., England and South Africa;
- 2003 - elected to the City Council in Rocky Mount, NC;
- 2006 - appointed to the North Carolina General Assembly for District 7;
- 2007 - sworn into the North Carolina General Assembly representing all of District 7.
Current Senator Ed Jones poses here with current District 7 Representative Angela Bryant. Angela was appointed to replace Jones in District 7 when he himself was appointed to the NC Senate.